1. DeSantis LA, Lipson JG. Brief history of inclusion of content on culture in nursing education. Journal of Transcultural Nursing. 2007;18(1_suppl):7S-9S.
2. Dehaghi MG, Vafadar Z. Comparative study of nursing PhD. Education program in Iran and Colombia school of nursing. Journal of Medical Education and Development. 2020.
3. Sanagoo A, Jouybari L, Bakhshian F, Saadat Mehr R. Analysis of The Educational System of Nursing PhD in Iran and College of Nursing in Salt Lake City, UTAH (USA). 2 Journal of Nursing Education. 2022;11(1):1-9.
4. Sahebihag MH, Khadivi AA, Soheili A, Moghbeli G, Khaje Goudari M, Valizadeh L. The Challenges of Nursing Doctoral Curriculum in Iran: A Critical Look Based on Delphi Technique. Nursing and Midwifery Journal. 2017;15(6):424-39.
5. Delavari p, Babamohamadi H, Nobahar M. A Comparative Study of the Ph.D. Nursing Program in Iran with the University of British Columbia, Canada. 2 Journal of Nursing Education. 2020;9(3):21-32.
6. Baghaei R, Hosseinzadegan F, Mokhtari L, Mihandoust S. Comprative Study of Nursing PhD Curriculum in Iran, Turkey and Jordan. Scientific Journal of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedical Faculty. 2017;3(1):53-64.
7. Borzou SR, Oshvandi K, Cheraghi F, Moayed MS. Comparative study of nursing PhD education system and curriculum in Iran and John Hopkins school of nursing. Education Strategies in Medical Sciences. 2016;9(3):194-205.
8. Ghanbari afra L, Adib-Hajbaghery M. Comparative Comparison of Iranian Nursing Phd Curriculum with the University of Toronto In Canada, UC Davis in California, and Manchester in the United Kingdom. Nursing and Midwifery Journal. 2020;18(9):701-14.
9. Halakou S, Jouybari L, Mahmoodi G, Sanagoo A, Kalantari S. Comparative Study of Iran Nursing Doctoral Curriculum and University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing. J Educ Ethics Nurs. 2020;9(1-2):83-92.
10. Karimi Moonaghi H, Meshkin Yazd A, Soodmand P. A comparative study of PhD nursing education Program in Iran and for top United State universities. Bimonthly of Education Strategies in Medical Sciences. 2020;13(5):513-24.
11. Dolan S, Nowell L, McCaffrey G. Pragmatism as a philosophical foundation to integrate education, practice, research and policy across the nursing profession. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2022;78(10):e118-e29.
12. Mayumi N, Ota K. Implications of philosophical pragmatism for nursing: Comparison of different pragmatists. Nursing Philosophy. 2023;24(1):e12414.
13. Hosseini MA, Sepahvand MJ, Mohammadi Shahbolaghi F, Neyseh F, Bagheri Noaparast K. Gap between Theory and Practice in Nursing: Be or Not. 2 Journal of Nursing Education. 2016;5(1):23-9.
14. Newton PM, Da Silva A, Berry S, editors. The case for pragmatic evidence-based higher education: A useful way forward? Frontiers in Education; 2020: Frontiers Media SA.
15. Ormerod RJ. Pragmatism in professional practice. Systems Research and Behavioral Science. 2021;38(6):797-816.
16. Almeder R. A definition of pragmatism. History of Philosophy Quarterly. 1986;3(1):79-87.
17. Salah AA, Aljerjawy M, Salama A. Gap between theory and practice in the nursing education: the role of clinical setting. Emergency. 2018;24(17.18).
18. Sharma S, Devi R, Kumari J. Pragmatism in education. International Journal of Engineering Technology Science and Research. 2018;5(1):1549-54.
19. Negarandeh R, Khoshkesht S. Expected Roles of PhD Graduated Nurses: A Scoping Review. Florence Nightingale journal of nursing. 2022;30(2):202-8.
20. Amaniyan S, Nobahar M, Babamohamadi H. Comparative Study of PhD Nursing Curriculum in Iran and Norway. Qom University of Medical Sciences Journal. 2020;14(10):44-52.
21. Moghadam YH, Atashzadeh-Shoorideh F, Abbaszadeh A, Feizi A. Challenges of PhD graduated nurses for role acceptance as a clinical educator: A qualitative study. Journal of caring sciences. 2017;6(2):153.
22. Zareshoraki H, Kalhor L, GHolami H, shojaee a, abedini F, gooshi M, et al. Challenges of Training Nursing Ph.D: A Review Study. 2. 2022;2(2):33-45.
23. Dobrowolska B, Chruściel P, Pilewska-Kozak A, Mianowana V, Monist M, Palese A. Doctoral programmes in the nursing discipline: a scoping review. BMC Nursing. 2021;20(1):228.
24. Jones KD, Baggs JG, Jones MR. Selecting US research-intensive doctoral programs in nursing: Pragmatic questions for potential applicants. Journal of professional nursing : official journal of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. 2018;34(4):296-9.
25. Asadizaker M, rokhafroz d, sayadi n, Cheraghbeigi N. A comparative study between the Iranian Nursing PhD curriculum and the American Duke School of Nursing. Scientific Journal of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedical Faculty. 2021;6(3):1-24.
26. Feizolahzadeh H, Hasani P. Challenges and opportunities of doctorate of nursing graduates in clinical settings. Journal of Health Promotion Management. 2012;1(1):74-84.
27. Kim MJ, Lee H, Kim HK, Ahn YH, Kim E, Yun SN, et al. Quality of faculty, students, curriculum and resources for nursing doctoral education in Korea: a focus group study. International journal of nursing studies. 2010;47(3):295-306.
28. Yavuz M. Nursing doctoral education in Turkey. Nurse education today. 2004;24(7):553-9.
29. Kjellgren KI, Welin C, Danielson E. Evaluation of doctoral nursing programs–A review and a strategy for follow up. Nurse education today. 2005;25(4):316-25.
30. Walker MB. What's your specialty, Doc? Perioperative nursing. Seminars in perioperative nursing. 2001;10(2):80-7.
31. Cowan L, Hartjes T, Munro S. A model of successful DNP and PhD collaboration. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. 2019;31(2):116-23.
32. Nelson JM, Cook PF, Raterink G. The evolution of a doctor of nursing practice capstone process: Programmatic revisions to improve the quality of student projects. Journal of Professional Nursing. 2013;29(6):370-80.
33. Shusterman R. Practicing philosophy: Pragmatism and the philosophical life: Routledge; 2016.
34. Saifan A, Devadas B, Daradkeh F, Abdel-Fattah H, Aljabery M, Michael LM. Solutions to bridge the theory-practice gap in nursing education in the UAE: a qualitative study. BMC medical education. 2021;21(1):490.