1.Tavakooli R. [Effect of important variables; economic, social and cultural on self-medication]. Medical Daneshvar 2001; 8(34):9-12.
2. Moghaddamnia A. [Self-medication in cold among population above 15 years of age in Babol]. J Babol Univ Med Sci 2007; 2(1): 26-32.
3. Masoudi Alavi N, Izadi F, Ebadi A,Hajbagheri A. [Self medication Experience inDiabetes Mellitus Type 2]. Iranian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism.2009; 10: 581-8.
4. Patricia J, Neafsey R, Olga J, Surheil L. Selfmedication practice in Spanish speaking olderadults. Hispanic Health Care International.2007; 5: 169-78.
5. Baghiani Moghadam M, Ehrampoush M.[Evaluation of attitude and practice of studentsof Yazd University of medical sciences to self-medication]. Zahedan Journal of Research in Medical Sciences (Tabib-E-Shargh). 2006; 8: 111-9.
6. Greenhalgh T. Drug prescription and self-medication in India: an exploratory survey. Soc Sci Med. 1997; 25: 30718.
7. Shamsi M, Tajik R, Mohammadbegee A. [Effect of education based on Health Belief Model on self-medication in mothers referring to health centers of Arak]. Arak University of Medical Sciences Journal. 2009; 12: 57-66.
8. Masoudi Alavi NF, Izadi A, Ebadi A. Hajbagheri Self Treatment Experience in Diabetes Mellitus Type 2. Iranian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism 2009; 6(10):581-588.
9. Almasdy, D, Sherrif, A, Self-Medication Practice with Nonprescription Medication among University Students: a review of the literature, Pharmacy Practice. 2011; 2: 95-100.
10. Kamat VR,Nichter M. pharmacies, self- medication and pharmaceutical marketing in Bombay,India.Soc Sci Med 1998; 47: 779- 94.
11. Greenhalg T. Drug prescription and self medication in India: an exploratory survey. Soc Sci Med 1998; 25: 307- 18.
12. Segall A. A community survey of self – medication activities. Med Care 1990; 28: 109- 301.
13. Porgholami A. Similar with drugs. Monthly Journal of Razi 2004; 8(5):27-34.
14. Samini M, Shafarood H, Sehat V, Allahdini S. Self therapy and culture of drug use. Razi Drug Journal. 2005; 9(1): 37-47.
15. Abolfazli R. 6th congress of Iran pharmacy institute. August 2007,Tehran,Iran.
16. Zafar SN, Syed R, Waqar S, Zubairi AJ, Vaqar T, Shaikh M et al. Self-medication amongst university students of Karachi: prevalence, knowledge and attitudes. J Pak Med Assoc. 2008 Apr; 58(4):214-7.
17. National survey on drug use and health (NSDUH), 2003 . Available at www.NIDA.com. Accessed March 2014.
18. Doustar Sanaei M, Sobhani AR. [Pattern of drug consumption and its changes during the first trimester of pregnancy]. J Qazvin Univ Med Sci 2002; 20: 55-61.
19. Davati A, Jafari F, Samadpoor M, Tabar K. [Survey of medication in ageing of Tehran city]. J Med Council Islamic Republic Iran 2008; 25(4): 450-6.
20. Maldonado JC, Meléndez SD, Figueras A. Longterm effects of an educational intervention on self-medication and appropriate drug use in single- sex secondary public schools, Quito, Ecuador. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2007; 63 (1): 92-99.
21. Nunes de Melo M, Madureira B, Nunes Ferreia AP, Mendes Z , Miranda A da C, Martins AP. Prevalence of selfmedication in rural areas of Portugal. Pharm World Sci 2006; 28(1):19–25.
22. Jalilian F, Hazavehei S.M.M, Vahidinia A, Moghimbeigi A , Zinat Motlagh F, Mirzaei Alavijeh M . Study of Causes of Self-Medication among Hamadan Province Pharmacies Visitors. Scientific Journal of Hamadan University of Medical Sciences. 2013;20:(2). 16
23. Moral Serrano S, Aguaron Joven E, Adan Gil FM, Pons Pons L, Baquer Masgrau A, Viejo Navarro L. [Do the patients medicate themselves correctly?]. Aten primaria. 1994 Mar 31; 13(5):242-6.
24. Amani F, Mohammadi S, Shaker A, et al. Study of self-medication among students in the city of Ardabil in 2009. Journal of Ardabil University of Medical Sciences. 2009;11(3): 201-207.
25. Shankar PR, Partha P, Shenoy N. Self-medication and non-doctor prescription practices in Pokhara valley, Western Nepal: a questionnaire-based study. BMC Fam Pract. 2002 Sep; 17(3): 17.
26. Lakey SL, Gray SL, Borson S. Assessment of older adults’ knowledge of and preferences for medication management tools and support systems. Ann Pharmacother. 2009 Jun; 43(6):1011-9.
27. Sawalha AF, Sweileh WM, Zyoud SH, Jabi SW. Self-therapy practices among university students in Palestine: focus on herbal remedies. Complement Ther Med. 2008 Dec; 16(6): 343-9.
28. Awad AI, Eltayeb IB. Self-medication practices with antibiotics and antimalarials among Sudanese undergraduate university students. Ann Pharmacother. 2007 Jul; 41(7):1249-55.
29. Balbuena FR, Aranda AB, Figueras A. Self-medication in older urban mexicans: an observational, descriptive, cross-sectional study. Drugs Aging. 2009; 26(1):51-60.
30. Karami Nejad M, Rezaei Far M, Heidari MR, Rezaei Dastjerdi E. [Determination of the most prevalent reasons for requesting drugs without prescription in Kerman pharmacies]. J Babol Univ Med Sci 1999; 1(4): 32 7.
31. Mulder AA, Boerma RP, Barogui Y, Zinsou C, Johnson RC, Gbovi J, et al. Healthcare seeking behaviour for Buruli ulcer in Benin: a model to capture therapy choice of patients and healthy community members. Trans Royal Soc Trop Med Hyg 2008; 102(9): 912-20.
32. Seyam Sh. [A study on self-medication in Rasht city]. Sci J llam Med Univ 2003; 11(38-39): 28- 33.
33. Yousef AM, ALbakri AG, Bustanji Y, Wazaify M. Self medication patents in Amman Jordan. Pharm World Sci 2008; 30(1): 24-30.
34. Corbally MA, Gallagher P. Accessible yet not accessed?A literature review exploring factors which may prevent patients taking over the counter analgesia prior to attending, accident and emergency accident. Accident Emerg Nurs 2006; 14 (2): 78-82.
35. Asefzadeh S, Anbarlooye M, Habibi Sh, Rezaei M. [Prevalence self medication among patients Qazvin hospitals]. J Qazvin Univ Med Sci 2000, 5(4): 54-8.
36. Klemenc-Ketis Z, Hladnik Z, Kersnik J. Self-medication among healthcare and non-healthcare students at university of Ljubljana, Slovenia. Med Princ Pract. 2010; 19(5):395-401.
37. Baghiani MH, Ehram poush MH. Attitude and practice of students of Yazd University of Medical Sciences towards self-medication. Tabib shargh journal.2005;8(2):111-119.
38. Tavakoli R. Their causes and treatment of Tehra,Tarbiat modares university,2008.
39. Ahmadi B, Mohammadian M, Mahmoodi M. [Pattern of medication in people 55 years and older residing in Tehran]. Iranian J Ageing 2007; 2(6):421-6.
40. Heidar nezhad F. Excessive consumption of the drug. 1989;7(79):31-35.
41. Drug utilization Research group, Latin American. Multi-center study on self-medication and self-prescript in six Latin American countries. Clin pharmacol Ther 1997; 61:488.
42. Motola G, Ruddo F, Mazzeo F, et al. Over the counter aral non-steroidal anti- inflammatory drugs: A pharmaco epidemiologic study in southern Italy. Adv Ther 2001; 18:216- 22.
43. Uehleke B, Steinhoff B: Self- medication in Germany.Int J Clin pharmacol Ther 2001 Nov; 39:424- 7. 44. Bonner S, Zimmerman BJ, Evans D, et al. An individualized intervention to improve asthma management among Urban Latino and African –American families.J Asthma 2002 Apr; 39: 167- 79.
45. Neafsy PJ,Strickler Z, Shellman J, et al. Delivering health information about selfmedication to older adults: Use of touch screen equipped note book computers. J Geronotol Nurs 2001 Nov; 27:19-27.
46. Ferris DG, Nyirjesy P, Sobel JD, et al. Over the counter antifungal drug misuse associated with patient diagnosed vulvovaginal candidiasis. Obstet Gynecol 2002 Mar, 99:419-25.
47. Brown tonore T;Kings DS, Nobel SL: Do over –the- counter medications for migraine hinder the physician? Curr pain Hedache Rep 2002; 6:162- 7.
48. Preshaw PM, Meechan JG, Dodd MD.Self medication for the control of dental pain: what are our patients taking?Dent Update. 1994; 21:299- 301, 304.
49. Jose A.Pagan,Sara R; self-medication and health insurance coverage in Mexico; Health Policy75 (2006)170-77.
50. Abbasi N, Abduhzadeeh M. The Status of Self Medication in Ilam. Scientific Journal of Ilam University of Medical Sciences. 1383 Spring; 12 (42-43) :53-59.
51. Wilkinson IF, Darby DN, Mant A. Self- care and selfmedication: An evaluation of individuals’ health care decision. Med Care 1997; 25: 965- 78.