1. Hudson JI, Hiripi E, Pope HG, Kessler RC. The prevalence and correlates of eating disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Biol Psychiatry. 2007; 61(3):348-58.
2. Le Grange D, Swanson SA, Crow SJ, Merikangas KR. Eating disorder not otherwise specified presentation in the US population. Int J Eat Disord. 2012; 45(5):711-8.
3. Scott J, Crow M, Swanson S. Facts about eating disorders: what the research shows. Washington, D.C: EDC Eating Disorders Coalition for Research; 2014.
4. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. 5th ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 2013.
5. Compare A, Calugi S, Marchesini G, Shonin E, Grossi E, Molinari E, et al. Emotionally focused group therapy and dietary counseling in binge eating disorder. Effect on eating disorder psychopathology and quality of life. Appetite. 2013; 71:361-8.
6. Smink FR, Van Hoeken D, Hoek HW. Epidemiology of eating disorders: incidence, prevalence and mortality rates. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2012; 14(4):406- 14.
7. Crow SJ, Peterson CB, Swanson SA, Raymond NC, Specker S, Eckert ED, et al. Increased mortality in bulimia nervosa and other eating disorders. Am J Psychiatry. 2009; 166(12):1342-6.
8. Herzog DB, Greenwood DN, Dorer DJ, Flores AT, Ekeblad ER, Richards A, et al. Mortality in eating disorders: a descriptive study. Int J Eating Disord. 2000; 28(1):20-6.
9. Zerbe KJ. The body betrayed: a deeper understanding of women, eating disorders, and treatment. California: Gurze Books; 2013.
10. Keel PK, Mitchell JE. Outcome in bulimia nervosa. Am J Psychiatry. 1997; 154(3):313-21.
11. Illing V, Tasca GA, Balfour L, Bissada H. Attachment insecurity predicts eating disorder symptoms and treatment outcomes in a clinical sample of women. J Nerv Mental Dis. 2010; 198(9):653-9.
12. Racine SE, Wildes JE. Emotion dysregulation and symptoms of anorexia nervosa: the unique roles of lack of emotional awareness and impulse control difficulties when upset. Int J Eat Disorder. 2013; 46(7):713-20.
13. Brockmeyer T, Skunde M, Wu M, Bresslein E, Rudofsky G, Herzog W, et al. Difficulties in emotion regulation across the spectrum of eating disorders. Compr Psychiatry. 2014; 55(3):565-71.
14. Gratz KL, Roemer L. Multidimensional assessment of emotion regulation and dysregulation: Development, factor structure, and initial validation of the difficulties in emotion regulation scale. J Psychopathol Behav Assess. 2004; 26(1):41-54.
15. Yap MB, Allen NB, Sheeber L. Using an emotion regulation framework to understand the role of
temperament and family processes in risk for adolescent depressive disorders. Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev. 2007; 10(2):180-96.
16. Linehan M. Cognitive-behavioral treatment of borderline personality disorder. New York: Guilford Press; 1993.
17. Agras WS, Rossiter EM, Arnow B, Telch CF, Raeburn SD, Bruce B, et al. One-year follow-up of psychosocial and pharmacologic treatments for bulimia nervosa. J Clin Psychiatry. 1994; 55(5):179- 83.
18. Latner JD, Stunkard AJ, Wilson GT, Jackson ML, Zelitch DS, Labouvie E. Effective long-term treatment of obesity: a continuing care model. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2000; 24(7):893-8.
19. Wilson GT, Fairburn CC, Agras WS, Walsh BT, Kraemer H. Cognitive-behavioral therapy for bulimia nervosa: Time course and mechanisms of change. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2002; 70(2):267-74.
20. Carter JC, Fairburn CG. Cognitive-behavioral selfhelp for binge eating disorder: a controlled effectiveness study. J Consult Clin Psychol. 1998; 66(4):616-23.
21. Wilfley DE, Welch RR, Stein RI, Spurrell EB, Cohen LR, Saelens BE, et al. A randomized comparison of group cognitive-behavioral therapy and group interpersonal psychotherapy for the treatment of overweight individuals with binge-eating disorder. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2002; 59(8):713-21.
22. Marcus MD, Wing RR, Fairburn CG. Cognitive treatment of binge eating versus behavioral weight control in the treatment of binge eating disorder. Ann Behav Med. 1995; 17:S90.
23. Azari S, Poursharifi H, Fata L. Efficacy of short term cognitive-behavioral therapy on binge eating disorder. Int J Behav Sci. 2012; 6(4):377-82.
24. Abolghasemi A, Jafari E. The effectiveness of dialectical behavior therapy on body image and selfefficacy in girls with bulimia nervosa. J Clin Psycol.
2012; 4(2):29-38. 25. Wilson GT, Grilo CM, Vitousek KM. Psychological treatment of eating disorders. Am Psychol. 2007; 62(3):199-216.
26. Whiteside U, Chen E, Neighbors C, Hunter D, Lo T, Larimer M. Difficulties regulating emotions: do binge eaters have fewer strategies to modulate and tolerate negative affect? Eat Behav. 2007; 8(2):162-9.
27. Ricca V, Castellini G, Lo Sauro C, Ravaldi C, Lapi F, Mannucci E, et al. Correlations between binge eating and emotional eating in a sample of overweight subjects. Appetite. 2009; 53(3):418-21.
28. Munsch S, Meyer AH, Quartier V, Wilhelm FH. Binge eating in binge eating disorder: a breakdown of emotion regulatory process? Psychiatry Res. 2012; 195(3):118-24.
29. McManus F, Waller G. A functional analysis of bingeeating. Clin Psychol Rev. 1995; 15(8):845-63.
30. Rice LN, Greenberg LS. Patterns of change: intensive analysis of psychotherapy process. New York: Guilford Press; 1984.
31. Greenberg LS, Safran JD. Emotion in psychotherapy. Am Psychol. 1989; 44(1):19-29.
32. Greenberg LS. Emotion-focused therapy: a clinical synthesis. Focus. 2010; 8(1):32-42.
33. Elliott R, Watson JC, Goldman RN, Greenberg LS. Learning emotion-focused therapy: The processexperiential approach to change. Massachusetts: American Psychological Association; 2004.
34. Rice LN, Elliott R. Facilitating emotional change: the moment-by-moment process. New York: Guilford Press; 1996.
35. Greenberg LS. Emotion-focused therapy: coaching clients to work through their feelings. Massachusetts: American Psychological Association; 2002.
36. MacLeod R, Elliott R, Rodgers B. Processexperiential/emotion-focused therapy for social anxiety: a hermeneutic single-case efficacy design study. Psychother Res. 2012; 22(1):67-81.
37. Elliott R. Emotion-focused therapy. In: Sanders P, editor. The tribes of the person-centred nation: an introduction to the schools of therapy related to the person-centred approach. Manchester: PCCS Books; 2012. P. 103-30.
38. Wnuk SM, Greenberg L, Dolhanty J. Emotion-focused group therapy for women with symptoms of bulimia nervosa. Eat Disord. 2015; 23(3):253-61.
39. Lafrance Robinson A, McCague EA, Whissell C. “That chair work thing was great”: a pilot study of group-based emotion-focused therapy for anxiety and depression. Person Centered Exper Psychother. 2014; 13(4):263-77.
40. Mootabi F, Moloodi R, Dezhkam M, Omidvar N. Standardization of the binge eating scale among Iranian obese population. Iran J Psychiatry. 2009; 4(4):143-6.
41. Asgari P, Pasha GR, Aminiyan M. Relationship between emotion regulation, mental stresses and body image with eating disorders of women. Andisheh Va Raftar. 2009; 4(3):65-78.
42. Ivanova I. The “how” of change in emotion-focused group therapy for eating disorders. [Doctoral Dissertation]. Toronto: University of Toronto; 2013. ?
43. Rieger E, Van Buren DJ, Bishop M, Tanofsky-Kraff M, Welch R, Wilfley DE. An eating disorder-specific model of interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT-ED): causal pathways and treatment implications. Clin Psychol Rev. 2010; 30(4):400-10.
44. Apple RF. Interpersonal therapy for bulimia nervosa. J Clin Psychol. 1999; 55(6):715-25.
45. Angus LE, Greenberg LS. Working with narrative in emotion-focused therapy: changing stories, healing lives. Massachusetts: American Psychological Association; 2011.
46. Aldao A, Nolen-Hoeksema S, Schweizer S. Emotionregulation strategies across psychopathology: a metaanalytic review. Clin Psychol Rev. 2010; 30(2): 217-37.
47. Bydlowski S, Corcos M, Jeammet P, Paterniti S, Berthoz S, Laurier C, et al. Emotion-processing deficits in eating disorders. Int J Eat Disord. 2005; 37(4):321-9.
48. Heatherton TF, Baumeister RF. Binge eating as escape from self-awareness. Psychol Bull. 1991; 110(1):
49. Dolhanty J, Greenberg LS. Emotion-focused therapy in the treatment of eating disorders. Eur Psychother.
50. Greenberg L. Emotion and cognition in psychotherapy: the transforming power of affect. Canadian Psychol. 2008; 49(1):49.