1. Association. AP. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, fifth edition (DSM-5).Washington, DC: American Psychiatric ;Association;. 2013;2:358-41.
2. Grucza RA, Przybeck TR, Cloninger CR. Prevalence and correlates of binge eating disorder in a community sample. Comprehensive psychiatry. 2007;48(2):124-31.
3. Montano CB, Rasgon NL, Herman BK. Diagnosing binge eating disorder in a primary care setting. Postgraduate medicine. 2016;128(1):115-23.
4. Kornstein SG. Epidemiology and Recognition of Binge-Eating Disorder in Psychiatry and Primary Care. The Journal of clinical psychiatry. 2017;78:3-8.
5. Desai MN, Miller WC, Staples B, Bravender T. Risk factors associated with overweight and obesity in college students. Journal of American College Health. 2008;57(1):109-14.
6. Blinder BJ, Cumella EJ, Sanathara VA. Psychiatric comorbidities of female inpatients with eating disorders. Psychosomatic Medicine. 2006;68(3):454-62.
7. Strine TW, Mokdad AH, Dube SR, Balluz LS, Gonzalez O, Berry JT, et al. The association of depression and anxiety with obesity and unhealthy behaviors among community-dwelling US adults. General hospital psychiatry. 2008;30(2):127-37.
8. Grilo CM, White MA, Masheb RM. DSM‐IV psychiatric disorder comorbidity and its correlates in binge eating disorder. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2009;42(3):228-34.
9. Wilfley D, Crow S, Hudson J, Mitchell J, Berkowitz R, Blakesley V, et al. Sibutramine Binge Eating Disorder Research Group: Efficacy of sibutramine for the treatment of binge eating disorder: a randomized multicenter placebo-controlled double-blind study. Am J Psychiatry. 2008;165(1):51-8.
10. Grilo CM, Masheb RM, Wilson GT. Efficacy of cognitive behavioral therapy and fluoxetine for the treatment of binge eating disorder: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled comparison. Biological psychiatry. 2005;57(3):301-9.
11. Wilfley DE, Welch RR, Stein RI, Spurrell EB, Cohen LR, Saelens BE, et al. A randomized comparison of group cognitive-behavioral therapy and group interpersonal psychotherapy for the treatment of overweight individuals with binge-eating disorder. Archives of general psychiatry. 2002;59(8):713-21.
12. Safer DL, Jo B. Outcome from a randomized controlled trial of group therapy for binge eating disorder: comparing dialectical behavior therapy adapted for binge eating to an active comparison group therapy. Behavior Therapy. 2010;41(1):106-20.
13. Telch CF, Agras WS, Linehan MM. Group dialectical behavior therapy for binge-eating disorder: A preliminary, uncontrolled trial. Behavior Therapy. 2000;31(3):569-82.
14. Munsch S, Biedert E, Meyer A, Michael T, Schlup B, Tuch A, et al. A randomized comparison of cognitive behavioral therapy and behavioral weight loss treatment for overweight individuals with binge eating disorder. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2007;40(2):102-13.
15. Agras WS, Telch CF, Arnow B, Eldredge K, Detzer MJ, Henderson J, et al. Does interpersonal therapy help patients with binge eating disorder who fail to respond to cognitive-behavioral therapy? Journal of consulting and clinical psychology. 1995;63(3):356.
16. Abraham SF, Beumont P. How patients describe bulimia or binge eating. Psychological Medicine. 1982;12(03):625-35.
17. Arnow B, Kenardy J, Agras WS. The Emotional Eating Scale: The development of a measure to assess coping with negative affect by eating. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 1995;18(1):79-90.
18. Aldao A, Nolen-Hoeksema S, Schweizer S. Emotion-regulation strategies across psychopathology: A meta-analytic review. Clinical psychology review. 2010;30(2):217-37.
19. Svaldi J, Griepenstroh J, Tuschen-Caffier B, Ehring T. Emotion regulation deficits in eating disorders: a marker of eating pathology or general psychopathology? Psychiatry Research. 2012;197(1):103-11.
20. Tasca GA, Bone M. Individual versus group psychotherapy for eating disorders. International Journal of Group Psychotherapy. 2007;57(3):399-403.
21. Greenberg LS, Safran JD. Emotion in psychotherapy. American psychologist. 1989;44(1):19.
22. Greenberg LS. Emotion-focused therapy: Coaching clients to work through their feelings: American Psychological Association; 2002; 32(2):56
23. Greenberg LS. Emotion in the therapeutic relationship in emotion-focused therapy. The therapeutic relationship in the cognitive behavioral psychotherapies. 2007:43-62.
24. Wnuk SM, Greenberg L, Dolhanty J. Emotion-focused group therapy for women with symptoms of bulimia nervosa. Eating disorders. 2015;23(3):253-61.
25. Lafrance Robinson A, McCague EA, Whissell C. “That chair work thing was great”: a pilot study of group-based emotion-focused therapy for anxiety and depression. Person-Centered & Experiential Psychotherapies. 2014;13(4):263-77.
26. Greenberg L, Watson J. Experiential therapy of depression: Differential effects of client-centered relationship conditions and process experiential interventions. Psychotherapy Research. 1998;8(2):210-24.
27. Gormally J, Black S, Daston S, Rardin D. The assessment of binge eating severity among obese persons. Addictive behaviors. 1982;7(1):47-55.
28. Mootabi F, Moloodi R, Dezhkam M, Omidvar N. Standardization of the binge eating scale among Iranian Obese population. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry. 2009;4(4):143-6.
29. Beck AT, Epstein N, Brown G, Steer RA. An inventory for measuring clinical anxiety: psychometric properties. Journal of consulting and clinical psychology. 1988;56(6):893.
30. Kaviani H, Mousavi A. Psychometric properties of the Persian version of Beck Anxiety Inventory (BAI). Tehran University Medical Journal TUMS Publications. 2008;66(2):136-40.
31. Richter P, Werner J, Heerlein A, s e, Kraus A, Sauer H. On the validity of the Beck Depression Inventory. Psychopathology. 1998;31(3):160-8.
32. Goudarzi M. The study of reliability and validity of Beck hopelessness scale in a group of Shiraz university students. 2002; 22(4):53
33. Compare A, Calugi S, Marchesini G, Shonin E, Grossi E, Molinari E, et al. Emotionally focused group therapy and dietary counseling in binge eating disorder. Effect on eating disorder psychopathology and quality of life. Appetite. 2013;71:361-8.
34. Shahar B. Emotion‐Focused Therapy for the Treatment of Social Anxiety: An Overview of the Model and a Case Description. Clinical psychology & psychotherapy. 2014;21(6):536-47.
35. Goldman RN, Greenberg LS, Angus L. The effects of adding emotion-focused interventions to the client-centered relationship conditions in the treatment of depression. Psychotherapy Research. 2006;16(5):537-49.
36. Jones-Corneille LR, Wadden TA, Sarwer DB, Faulconbridge LF, Fabricatore AN, Stack RM, et al. Axis I psychopathology in bariatric surgery candidates with and without binge eating disorder: results of structured clinical interviews. Obesity surgery. 2012;22(3):389-97.
37. Ulfvebrand S, Birgegård A, Norring C, Högdahl L, von Hausswolff-Juhlin Y. Psychiatric comorbidity in women and men with eating disorders results from a large clinical database. Psychiatry research. 2015;230(2):294-9.
38. Dolhanty J, Greenberg LS. Emotion-focused therapy in the treatment of eating disorders. European Psychotherapy. 2007;7(1):97-116.
39. Gross JJ, Muñoz RF. Emotion regulation and mental health. Clinical psychology: Science and practice. 1995;2(2):151-64.
40. Thayer JF, Lane RD. A model of neurovisceral integration in emotion regulation and dysregulation. Journal of affective disorders. 2000;61(3):201-16.
41. Greenberg LS, Watson JC. Emotion-focused therapy for depression: American Psychological Association; 2006; 45(6), 321
42. Bydlowski S, Corcos, M., Jeammet, P., Paterniti, S., Berthoz, S., Laurier, C., ... & Consoli, S. M. Emotion‐processing deficits in eating disorders. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2005;37(4), 321-329..
43. Heatherton TF, & Baumeister, R.F. . Binge eating as escape from self-awareness. Psychological Bulletin. 1991;110, 86-108.
44. Gilbert P, Procter S. Compassionate mind training for people with high shame and self‐criticism: Overview and pilot study of a group therapy approach. Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy. 2006;13(6):353-79.
45. Fairburn CG, Cooper Z, Shafran R. Cognitive behaviour therapy for eating disorders: A “transdiagnostic” theory and treatment. Behaviour research and therapy. 2003;41(5):509-28.
46. Greenberg LS. Emotion-focused therapy: A clinical synthesis. Focus. 2010;8(1):32-42.