1. Popkin BM, D'Anci KE, Rosenberg IH. Water, hydration, and health. Nutr Rev. 2010; 68(8):439-58.
2. Murray B. Hydration and physical performance. J Am Coll Nutr. 2007; 26(5 Suppl):542S-8S.
3. Grandjean AC, Grandjean NR. Dehydration and cognitive performance. J Am Coll Nutr. 2007; 26(5 Suppl):549S-54S.
4. Judelson DA, Maresh CM, Yamamoto LM, Farrell MJ, Armstrong LE, Kraemer WJ, et al. Effect of hydration state on resistance exercise-induced endocrine markers of anabolism, catabolism, and metabolism. J Appl Physiol. 2008; 105(3):
5. Cheuvront SN, Carter R 3rd, Sawka MN. Fluid balance and endurance exercise performance. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2003; 2(4):202-8.
6. Tipton CM. Medicine ACoS. ACSM's advanced exercise physiology. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2006.
7. Fleming J, James LJ. Repeated familiarisation with hypohydration attenuates the performance decrement caused by hypohydration during treadmill running. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2013; 39(2):124-9.
8. Sawka MN, Montain SJ, Latzka WA. Hydration effects on thermoregulation and performance in the heat. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2001; 128(4):679-90.
9. Craig EN, Cummings EG. Dehydration and muscular work. J Appl Physiol. 1966; 21(2):670-4.
10. Jones LC, Cleary MA, Lopez RM, Zuri RE, Lopez R. Active dehydration impairs upper and lower body anaerobic muscular power. J Strength Cond Res. 2008; 22(2):455-63.
11. Savoie FA, Kenefick RW, Ely BR, Cheuvront SN, Goulet ED. Effect of hypohydration on muscle endurance, strength, anaerobic power and capacity and vertical jumping ability: a meta-analysis. Sports Med. 2015; 45(8):1207-27.
12. Naharudin MN, Yusof A. Fatigue index and fatigue rate during an anaerobic performance under hypohydrations. PloS One. 2013; 8(10):e77290.
13. Wilmore JH, Costill DL, Gleim GW. Physiology of sport and exercise. Med Sci Sports Exer. 1995; 27(5):792.
14. Von Duvillard SP, Braun WA, Markofski M, Beneke R, Leithäuser R. Fluids and hydration in prolonged endurance performance. Nutrition. 2004; 20(7-8): 651-6.
15. Coso JD, Estevez E, Baquero RA, Mora-Rodriguez R. Anaerobic performance when rehydrating with water or commercially available sports drinks during prolonged exercise in the heat. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2008; 33(2):290-8.
16. Blyth CS, Burt JJ. Effect of water balance on ability to perform in high ambient temperatures. Research quarterly. Am Assoc Health Phys Educ Rec. 1961; 232(3):301-7.
17. Otani H, Kaya M, Tsujita J, Hori K, Hori S. Low levels of hypohydration and endurance capacity during heavy exercise in untrained individuals. J Thermal Biol. 2006; 31(1):186-93.
18. Montain SJ, Sawka MN, Latzka WA, Valeri CR. Thermal and cardiovascular strain from hypohydration: influence of exercise intensity. Int J Sports Med. 1998; 19(2):87-91.
19. McGregor SJ, Nicholas CW, Lakomy HK, Williams C. The influence of intermittent high-intensity shuttle running and fluid ingestion on the performance of a soccer skill. J Sports Sci. 1999; 17(11):895-903.
20. Latzka WA, Sawka MN, Montain SJ, Skrinar GS, Fielding RA, Matott RP, et al. Hyperhydration: tolerance and cardiovascular effects during uncompensable exercise-heat stress. J Appl Physiol. 1998; 84(6):1858-64.
21. Latzka WA, Sawka MN, Montain SJ, Skrinar GS, Fielding RA, Matott RP, et al. Hyperhydration: thermoregulatory effects during compensable exercise-heat stress. J Appl Physiol. 1997; 83(3): 860-6.
22. Sawka MN, Wenger CB, Pandolf KB. Thermore-gulatory responses to acute exercise‐heat stress and heat acclimation. New York: Comprehensive Physiology; 2011.
23. Webster S, Rutt R, Weltman A. Physiological effects of a weight loss regimen practiced by college wrestlers. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1990; 22(2):229-34.
24. Cheuvront SN, Carter R 3rd, Haymes EM, Sawka MN. No effect of moderate hypohydration or hyperthermia on anaerobic exercise performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006; 38(6):1093-97.
25. Montner P, Stark D, Riedesel M, Murata G, Robergs R, Timms M, et al. Pre-exercise glycerol hydration improves cycling endurance time. Int J Sports Med. 1996; 17(1):27-33.
26. Devlin LH, Fraser SF, Barras NS, Hawley JA. Moderate levels of hypohydration impairs bowling accuracy but not bowling velocity in skilled cricket players. J Sci Med Sport. 2001; 4(2):179-87.
27. Edwards AM, Noakes TD. Dehydration: cause of fatigue or sign of pacing in elite soccer? Sports Med. 2009; 39(1):1-13.
28. Buskirk ER, Puhl SM. Effects of acute body weight loss in weight-controlling. Body Fluid Balance Exerc Sport. 1996; 9:283.